When was the last time you gave your fridge a good scrub? Chances are you’re having a tough time pinpointing the exact date, which means National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day is a friendly reminder to work up some elbow grease in the kitchen.
Here are some tips on how to tackle the chore:
- Empty each shelf before wiping each down using hot, soapy water
- Wipe down the inside of the fridge
- Use dish soap to wash all the drawers and the areas beneath them
- Toss all expired and mouldy food
- Let go of any condiment you haven’t used in the last few months
- Pull out your fridge from the wall and vacuum beneath the fridge and the condenser coils in the back
- Wipe down any sticky bottles or jars before returning them to fridge
For helpful resources on other topics affecting your home this season, read our blog.