It’s that time of year again! It’s warming up outside, the sun is up longer and people are beginning to get the cleaning bug.
Below are a couple of tips and tricks to make spring cleaning a little bit easier!
1. Clean one room at a time, working from the top down. That way you avoid cleaning the same spot twice and you can work your way through the house without disrupting everything at once.
2. Multi-task! While you are waiting for a laundry machine to finish it’s cycle, clean the bathroom!
3. Natural fibers work best when cleaning, and keep in mind that rags are invaluable when cleaning! Keep lots of them on hand, especially for surfaces that need a damp wipe down.
4. Remember to wash your blinds and your window sills. They tend to collect a lot of dust and dirt!
5. Cleaning out your fridge and freezer can be quite daunting, but once it’s done your food will stay fresh longer! Remember, quickly vacuum the condenser coils in the back to keep your fridge from overheating.
6. Don’t get overwhelmed. Take on one small task at a time and make sure to complete that task. It will give you a sense of accomplishment and the drive needed to finish the entire house.
7. Don’t be afraid to throw out items that you have not used in the last 6 months, or clothes that you have not worn in over a year. It will free up space in your home to organize the things that you do use on a regular basis.
8. Store all your winter clothing and accessories. Don’t clutter your closets with bulky jackets and scarves. Purchase inexpensive vacuum bags or totes to neatly store your winter things away.
9. Give your mattress a flip, and clean all of your bedding. It will freshen up your bedroom and in turn you will be able to sleep soundly!
10. Moving your furniture gives you a well needed opportunity to vacuum those hard to reach spaces. Keep in mind, rearranging your furniture freshens up a living space, and it doesn’t cost a lot to do!
Hopefully those tips help, or inspire you to get cleaning up your home!